Congratulations on your new Hair Color Starter Kit! We’ve made it easy to add a vibrant pop of green to your hair!
All the information you need to use your kit is right here. Watch the detailed step-by-step video below or read the step-by-step instructions or refer to both - we’ve got you covered.
Before you get started, remember to wear a shirt you don’t mind getting dirty and lay out all of the contents of your kit in front of you. And remember - have fun!
- Step 1: Lightening Kit
- Start with dry, unwashed hair.
- Mix the pre-measured Powder and Developer until it is well blended. There should be no clumps.
- Section your hair, clipping back the areas you don’t want to lighten, and apply the lightening mixture with a gloved hand or brush. Leave 1 inch of the roots out for later.
- Apply the lightener to your roots in 1/4-inch sections.
- Let your hair process for no more than 50 minutes, until you achieve the desired tone. Check consistently (every 5-10 minutes) to evaluate the color lift.
- After you achieve the desired result, rinse and shampoo your hair thoroughly with warm water until you are sure all of the product is removed. Do NOT condition the hair, as your Semi-Permanent Dye will act like your conditioner when you apply.
- Step 2: Semi-Permanent Hair Color
- Dry your hair and comb thoroughly.
- Squeeze your color into the GDY Tool Kit. Remember: wear gloves to prevent staining on your hands.
- Section your hair as you did for the lightening step and apply dye directly onto dry hair. Make sure the color is fully saturated throughout each section.
- Let the color sit on your hair for at least 30 minutes.
- Rinse the hair color out with cool water to lock the color in. No shampoo or conditioner is necessary.
- After rinsing, dry and style as desired.
To maximize the vibrancy of your newly semi-permanent dyed hair, we recommend waiting at least 24 hours before your first shampoo. To minimize fading over time, rinse your hair with cool water each time you wash. Plus: try reducing your hair washing days to extend the color even further, and use DYEposit - Green once a week to maintain your color.
- Color refresh with DYEposit 1 week after coloring
- After shampooing in the shower, section your vivid streaks out and clip the rest back.
- Before applying, squeeze the excess water out of your hair.
- Apply DYEposit to the hair in place of your conditioner.
- Comb DYEposit through your hair for even distribution.
- Let it sit for 5-10 minutes, then rinse with cool water.
More helpful tips from the GDY team:
- When lightening your hair, leave the roots for last, the natural heat from your scalp causes your hair at the roots to lighten quicker than the rest of your hair.
- Over the coming days when washing your hair, use cool water to lock in the pigment and prevent excessive color bleeding.
- Avoid clarifying shampoos. Use our GDY Color Kind Hair Care line to keep color vibrant longer.
- PPL Eater will fade true to tone into a nice, lighter warm purple
We’re here to help! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions along the way.
We are dyeing to see your look!
Tag us in your new look on any of our social media platforms!