Here are our Hair Dye Musts:
- Always perform a strand test and patch test before using hair dye.
- Perform strand test before mixing GDY!
- Always wear a pair of protective gloves when dyeing.
- Use petroleum jelly or a thick conditioner around your hairline to prevent staining your skin. If staining occurs, try using a baking soda paste or toothpaste to remove the stain.
- Wear old clothes and use a towel that you don’t mind staining.
- Place newspaper or towels around where you’re dyeing to protect surfaces from staining.
- Use mirrors both in front and behind you when applying GDY hair dye. If you are doing it yourself this will help you not miss any spots!
- Rinse your hair in the sink rather than the shower to avoid staining surfaces such as your bathtub.
- Always use cold water when rinsing out GDY hair dye.
- It’s recommended you don’t wash your hair with shampoo or conditioner for at least a week after dyeing.