You should always perform a strand test first to see how your hair will react to the dye.
- Put plastic gloves on to protect your hands from the dye.
- Choose a small group of strands on the under layer of your hair that are easy to access, but will not be visible after the test. Make sure the strand is thick enough to see the results clearly.
Squeeze out one teaspoon of your preferred GDY shade, and apply it to the strand saturating the strand completely.
- Wrap tinfoil around the saturated strand to protect it from bleeding into the rest of your hair.
- Leave strand test on for at least 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Rinse well with cold water.
- Check out the results!