So last week I got to see Tour 5, and I was mesmerized. Mesmerized by the amount of color and vibrance and light and noise, I was eating it up all night. A lot of times, I know people go to shows worried about what people are going to think of them, how to dress, how to act, what to wear; I sure do, at least! But knowing the amount of fun and spunkiness that Paramore is known for, and their fans are known for, I was more than relaxed. When I walked in I was ecstatic to see so many cool makeup, hair, and just all around LOOKS. I saw primary-color princesses and neon queens and everything in between, both onstage and off!
So I felt inspired to make my own Tour 5 inspired look! I don’t have step-by-step pics, but here’s the gist of it.
1. Pick three colors of eyeshadow (preferably one shimmery, two matte, all BRIGHT!).
2. Use the shimmery one under your eyes, make the best glitter tears you’ve ever imagined. Just drag the shadow down your face, use your fingers if you want! Go wild with it.
3. Do one matte color on your lids, and one in your creases.
4. sprinkle a little glitter under your eyes if you want! (I found some in my closet, but you can find cosmetic glitter on Amazon pretty cheap!)
5. Put on some lipstick.
6. If you have some Poser Paste, take a whole bunch and just go nuts on your hair with it. Do you the roots, do the ends, do it all!
Also, REMEMBER: The best way to make your own Tour 5 look is to make it your own! If you want to do some shimmery shadow dripping down your forehead, and keep your eyes bare, do it! If you want to do exactly what I did, go for it! But regardless, have fun. If I could redo this look, I’d probably add some neon eyeliner (probably like a lemon-lime color), and outline my eyebrows with it and make some dots around my eyes as well! Just get creative, whatever you do. Look alive like you’re at Tour 5!
Written by Nina Tadic
The preceding was a reader-submitted Guest Post. For more information about this type of content & how to submit your own work, please click here.