Trick or treat, give us all the sweets with this look using Ex-Girl semi-permanent dye!
This quick and easy candy covered look is perfect for last minute Halloween costumes. Let your hair be your best accessory with our semi-permanent dyes. Our line has amazing pigment providing the most vibrant colors perfect for creating a spooky style. GDY dyes can be mixed together to customize your shade and can also be lightened or darkened depending on your mood. Use our Fader to make a color more pastel or None More Black to darken a color. Our model, Ariel of Icon for Hire uses Ex-Girl semi-permanent as her signature hair color. To create this sweet style separate hair into pigtails and add accessories. Our Educational Stylist, Becca glued candy erasers to bobby pins and put them in Ariel’s hair for this Kawaii Candy Look. Ariel’s bright pink hair made this costume idea really pop. Get ready to glow on Halloween night with hair color that shines so bright.
Step by Step Instructions for Dyeing Hair:
- Ariel begins with a bright pink base. Because she is applying pink dye over her already pink hair, she doesn’t need to pre-lighten her hair. Remember to make sure your hair is dry before you begin the dyeing process!
- Next, it’s time to choose your shade. For more pastel shades of pink, you can mix a small amount of our Ex-Girl with a lot of our Fader. For a deeper hues, mix a tiny bit of our None More Black with a lot of Ex-Girl. It’s always better to have more dye than not enough so make sure that the amount you’ve mixed up is more than enough to cover your whole head of hair.
- Cover your neck and shoulders with an old t-shirt or towel so the dye doesn’t stain your clothes. If you’re worried about the dye staining your skin, try applying a layer of coconut oil to your hairline, neck, and ears. This way, if you do end up with dye on the skin, you’ll be able to easily wipe it off.
- Section your hair off into manageable layers. You can either part your hair down the middle and then split these sections into front halves and back halves or you can start from the bottom and layer your hair from bottom to top. Alligator clips are going to be your best friend during this step.
- Once hair is sectioned how you desire, put on gloves and get to work!
- Begin applying dye to thin layers and small sections to ensure that you fully saturate your strands.
- Apply dye from the root down through the ends of your hair. To fully saturate hair, use your gloved hands to massage dye through hair and into scalp. You can also comb dye through small sections of hair to saturate even more!
- Let the dye set for at least 30 minutes. Then rinse with cool water until the water runs clear.
- Dry and style your hair as usual and rock your new color!
Pro Tips for Maintaining Color:
- Wash hair as little as possible but when you do wash use cool or cold water and color-safe shampoo and conditioner!
- Adding small drops of our Semi-Permanent color to your conditioner and letting the mixture sit for 10 or so minutes can help to keep your color vibrant and your hair nourished!
- Use UV protecting products such as our PRIME to help protect your hair and vibrant color from harsh UV rays!